If you shop at Target, definitely print this policy to keep in your binder! And to find out more about Target’s Price Matching policy, check it out here.
Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below.
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
- Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
- Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details.
- To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
- If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive coupon value returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
- We regularly monitor the Coupon Information Corporation (CIC) website for counterfeit coupons. We do not accept counterfeit coupons.
- We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Some items may not be available at all stores.
- We do not accept expired coupons.
- We do not accept Canadian coupons in our US stores.
Target Price Matching with Coupons:
Can I use coupons when price matching?
A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target’s normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
- Manufacturer Coupons:
- Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
- Target Coupons:
- Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price.
- Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupon:
- The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.