I am getting so excited to watch Extreme Couponing on TLC on Wed. April 6th. In honor of the series premiere debuting in just over a week, I wanted to have a little fun.
In the few months since being on the show, I’ve gained the perspective to laugh at myself and at the criticism of the show, so here is my Extreme Couponing “roast”!
Top Ten Changes to the Series, Extreme Couponing TLC
10. Series premiere: Who can get the most groceries out the door without paying a cent: contestant vs Lindsey Lohan.
9. Extreme Couponing contestants spending more than $10 trigger trap door elimination.
8. Jury of previous Extreme Couponing contestants seated in produce section; aisle by aisle narration by Jeff Probst.
7. Immediately after Extreme Couponing contestant completes checkout, they and their groceries are transported by helicopter to the game of Survivor.
6. Episode 3 recalled after stores post new “limit of three shopping carts per customer per shopping trip” policy.
5. Woman from the dumpster gets hauled off to jail for trespassing and trades groceries for bail.
4. Bookie trolls the aisles taking bets from other shoppers, and reporting odds that Extreme Couponing contestant saves at least 95%.
3. The Extreme Couponing contestant who saves the most at the end of the season wins a vacation for two and a spot on the next season of “Hoarders”!
2. Episode 6 [attempted international episode] flumps when contestant unable to fit huge coupon binder through airport security
1. You know that guy with the tower of 1000 boxes cereal? He has to eat them.