What is one of the most common coupons? I would say those for refrigerated biscuits. I have a lot of them and I use every last one! With the holidays coming up, many stores will have this product on sale! So what better time than NOW to start stocking up and using those extra biscuits to make an amazing treat. Here’s the secret to turning an ordinary biscuit into a favorite family treat!
Semi-Homemade Mini Donuts
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 package of refrigerated biscuits. Use original biscuits, not layered biscuits or croissants.
- 1 – 2 cups of Vegetable oil. Amount needed will depend on size of frying pan.
- Soda pop BOTTLE. Plastic or glass will work.
- Cutting board
- Tongs or fork
- Frying pan
- Toppings: Sugar, powdered sugar, cinnamon & sugar, or make a glaze (optional to your taste.) Add food coloring to your glaze to go with any holiday. And don’t forget the sprinkles!
1. Remove biscuits from the refrigerated container and place on cutting board.
2. Using the top of the soda bottle, press down in the middle of each biscuit. Separate dough rings from balls. Now you have donuts and donut holes!
3. Place in large pan of hot vegetable oil. Caution, will/may spatter! Adults please do the cooking.
4. Cook until dough slightly floats and turns very light brown.
5. Dip immediately in granulated sugar, cinnamon or powdered sugar and set on plate or tray.
As a child it was a special treat for my sisters and me to make and eat these “semi-homemade donuts.” I remember wearing an apron, punching the holes in the biscuits and thinking we were wonderful bakers! I can still remember standing in the kitchen watching over the stove as they cooked. My sister Barb and I would take orders, like waitresses, from my dad and sisters and then serve them when the donuts were done cooking. I hope your family enjoys this delicious treat. Let the memories begin!
This has been a guest post by Laurie from Akron, OH
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!