Since I have become a Krazy couponer, I’ve found that there are some things that are harder to save on than others. If you’ve been couponing for any length of time, you probably know by now that toothbrushes, toothpaste, and gum are almost always free. With toilet paper, however, you have to work a little harder to find a killer deal.
Then there are other things that you almost never get a discount on. When you CAN find an amazing deal on something that is seldom on sale, or even worse, has no available coupons, there is nothing more exciting! This is especially true if the item in question is something that you HAVE to buy anyway.
I know one of my family’s biggest expenses is gas. I had given up thinking that there was a way to save any real money on this necessity. Then I paid $1.79 per gallon for gas! I am happy to report that if you live in an area with a Winn-Dixie, this can happen for you, too!
Winn-Dixie has a fabulous new program that allows you to get cheap or free gas simply by doing what you normally do: grocery shop. The way it works is so simple.
INTRODUCING: FUEL PERKS
- Winn-Dixie has a new customer loyalty card out called Fuel Perks. If you have been shopping at Winn-Dixie and have their old reward card, you have to sign up for the new one with the magnetic strip and the fuel perks logo.
- After you sign up for your card, simply swipe it at the register like you would your old card.
- For every $50 you spend in groceries, you earn 5 cents off a gallon of gas. This $50 threshold does not have to be in one shopping trip or even one transaction. Each time you shop your dollar amount rolls to earn more rewards.
- Even more exciting, each week Winn-Dixie offers select items that give you extra fuel perks. If you buy the specified item, you get additional savings off each gallon of gas. This is a great benefit because you don’t have to reach a specific dollar amount to get the fuel perks, and coupon savings do not affect your gas savings!
- Your earned Fuel Perks rewards expire at the end of the month after you acquire them. This means if you received 40 cents off a gallon of gas on November 5th, this discount won’t expire until December 31st. This is another wonderful feature of the program because you can keep rolling your savings until you are as close as possible to getting completely free gas! That’s right; if you earn enough rewards that they total more than the price of a gallon of gas you receive 20 free gallons of gas! If you have any rewards left over, they remain in your account towards your next fill-up.
- As with most loyalty programs these days, Fuel Perks also allows you to shop online through Winn-Dixie to earn additional savings. Rewards amounts differ from merchant to merchant and are added to your card by registering your card number at the website. After making a purchase, your rewards are posted to your card, usually within 3 to 7 days.
Redeeming your Fuel Perks is also a piece of cake.
- Go here for a list of participating Shell gas stations in your area.
- Once you arrive at the pump, swipe your Winn-Dixie loyalty card first. This will automatically reduce the price of your gas by the amount of rewards you have.
- Next, fill-up the same as always. That’s it!
- After you have used your points to fill-up, you start over earning points with your card for the next fill-up. You can get up to 20 gallons of gas each time you redeem your rewards.
So why not sign up and see how far your cheap or free gas can take you?
This has been a guest post by Joy from Columbus, GA
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!