You know when you start hearing about something from all your friends?! A few years ago it was Common Sense Media’s movie reviews for families. This year, Care.com is the all the buzz in my world. It’s a great (free) site that connects searching families with babysitters, nannies, senior home caregivers, and even pet care. Under each of these categories are many other areas of expertise. For example, under child care, you may select babysitters and nannies, child care centers, au pairs, camps, special needs caregivers, summer care, and tutoring & lessons.
Care.com offers a Basic Subscription for free. You will be able to search the site for caregivers near you. Simply input your zip code and it instantly allows you to view caregivers. You can also post a job and receive notifications when someone is interested in your posting. You will also receive the weekly newsletter. With the free subscription you won’t be able to view contact information, background check information, or references. You can choose to upgrade your service at any time. When you upgrade to a Premium Subscription it provides you with full profiles, background checks, contact information, full job posts and references. The Premium Subscription is currently available for $35.00 for 1 month, $70.00 for 3 months, or $140.00 for 12 months.
For You & Your Family:
- Post a Job. Care.com guarantees a response within 3 days.
- You can also search through the caregivers in the field you are interested.
- You then contact the caregivers that you believe will fit your needs
- Sign up as an individual or an agency.
- You will then create and maintain an in-depth profile. You will have the option to upload photos and videos, run a background check and list references.
- You will then be contacted by families that are interested in your services. You may also check the job listings board to apply for job listings in your area.