I try to make the most of my gas dollar using store rewards cards, and that can take up to $0.10 off a gallon. There are a few other techniques involving credit cards and such.
Here’s an easy one. For first-time customers who sign up for daily deal website Saveology.com, purchase a $20 ExxonMobil gift card for just $10. That’s $20 bucks of gas for half! The card is valid for fuel, convenience items, car washes and repairs at nearly 10,000 Exxon and Mobil stations across the country. The limit is one per household. Redeem the voucher within 60 days.
To get the card, click this link.
- Sign up for Saveology.com.
- Enter account and billing information.
- Purchase the voucher.
- Get a notice via e-mail or text that the voucher is ready (or check through My Deals).
- View the voucher and get the voucher number.
- Call Saveology redemption center at (877) 705-7674 to have the gift card shipped.
- You’ll have to provide your name, address, e-mail and telephone number to the operator. The operator will provide other offers over the phone. A polite “no” works wonders.
- The voucher is delivered within 7 – 10 business days. Call customer service with any problems at 866-490-3694.
- The whole process took me about 6 minutes. Not bad to save $10.
Will you order a half-off gas card? I’m using mine for an upcoming trip. Tell us about your plans in the comments.