Make the weekly shopping trip pay with ibotta. This cool mobile app lets users earn cash for the products they buy from chain grocery stores, drugstores and big-box stores like Walmart and Target.
Visit ibotta and complete a quick (1 minute) registration to download this free app for your Android, iPhone, or other iOS supported device.
- After the download, open the ibotta app.
- Pick a store from the list.
- Search product offers for your store.
- Complete a task that pays (watch a quick video, view a recipe, take a poll, learn a fact, or post to your Facebook wall) to earn money in your ibotta account.
- Go shopping and purchase the item in the offer.
- Snap a (quality) photo of your receipt and upload it to ibotta.
- Money is added to your account within 24 hours (usually in as little as an hour).
- Once you’ve earned at least $5.00, choose “Withdraw Cash” from the main menu to transfer money to a PayPal account. If you’re feeling philanthropic, you can donate that cash to the school of your choice.
This cool app learns from your preferences to make customized offers on the products you use. Even better, ibotta pays $1.00 for every friend you refer to the app (payable when the friend activates their account).
*Note: The ibotta app is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad; it requires iOS 5.0 or later. The ibotta app is optimized for iPhone 5.