Here are the directions for the Popcorn Cones from our Budget Halloween Party. To learn where to find the best deal on all supplies needed for this bargain party, read more about our $50 Party Challenge and recreate this party for yourself!
LIME POPCORN CONES [cost $4.59]
8 C of Popped Popcorn
¼ C of Butter (half of a stick)
3 TBLS Light corn syrup
½ C White sugar
(1) 3.5 oz Lime Gelatin (Be sure to NOT use sugar-free. It’s just not the same.)
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment and set aside. If you’re using foil, be sure to spray it with cooking spray. Place popped popcorn in an very large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter and syrup in a sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted before adding the gelatin. Stir to combine.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat so it just simmers. Be sure to keep stirring so the sugar doesn’t start to burn. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes. Your mixture will start out thick and over time become more “liquidy”. Yes. It’s a word.
- After the 5 minutes, immediately pour the very hot mixture over the popcorn in the bowl. Mix right away and keep mixing to coat all of the popcorn.
- Once it’s all coated, spread it on your cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, break up into pieces.
Purple Halloween scrapbook paper, 5 pieces
Lollipop Sticks, 10
Mini Lime Paper Bags, 2
- Download the printable cone template.
- Trace the cone template onto the scrapbook paper and cut out. Repeat for remaining pieces.
- Roll the cut out paper into a cone shape, making sure that there is enough of a hole left in the bottom of the cone so that you can fit the lollipop stick in it. To secure the cone shape, simply take a piece of tape and tape the inside edges to one another.
- With your glue stick, glue the outside edges of the paper and allow to dry.
Assemble the display
- Open your lime paper bag and place a piece of floral foam inside. You can leave the end of the bag open or give it a more finished look by wrapping the end with the overlap from the bag as you would when wrapping a present.
- Taking your lollipop sticks, puncture holes in any fashion you like to hold 5 cones. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other 5 cones.
- Take your cooled lime popcorn, fill each cone and slide over the lollipop sticks. Voila!
More Halloween Tutorials
This party was planned exclusively for KCL by Simply Chic Living.
Photographed by Profinish Design.