It’s cold outside. So head indoors and make up a batch of chicken noodle soup! Use $1.00/1 – Knorr Homestyle Stock from RP 1/27 (exp 2/24)
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 whole chicken – $4.00
12 cups of water
1 cup chopped carrots – $0.30
1 cup chopped celery – $0.25
1 whole onion – $1.00
1 bag of wide egg noodles – $1.50
3 – 3.5 oz Knorr chicken stock containers – $1.87
1. Place chicken and water in a large stockpot. Simmer, covered, one hour.
2. Remove chicken from water. Unwrap onion and place it in water. If you prefer it chopped you can do that as well.
3. Add carrots and celery to the water. Put the chicken stock in next. Cook all together for 10 minutes.
4. De-bone the chicken by pulling the meat off of the bone. Use white meat and dark meat or just white meat, whichever you prefer.
5. Add the chicken and noodles to the soup. Cook 10 minutes or until the noodles are cooked. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serves: 10 -12
Total Cost: $8.92