Thanks to all those great deals on soups and veggies, filling up the garbage with tin cans takes no time at all. Instead of tossing them, save those cans and turn them into cute, functional canisters. The possibilities are endless — use them to display utensils at your next party, put them in the kitchen to hold gadgets or corral that mess of school supplies. They’re easy to make and gentle on the budget!
- Empty tin cans
- Craft paint (found at any craft store or Walmart for less than a dollar a bottle)
- Paint brushes
- Painters tape or masking tape
- Remove the label and wash and dry the can. If there is leftover glue residue, use hot water to scrub it off.
- Wrap a piece of tape around the can to create a line where your paint will stop.
- Paint taped-off portion of can.
- Let dry and remove tape.
- Fill your new spruced-up can with whatever you choose!