Take a break from that holiday food binge. Try out this delicious soup packed full of flavor that will leave you feeling good. Save on carrots with this coupon: $0.75/1 – Earthbound Farm Organic Product – (ebfarm.com).
Hearty Butternut Squash, Chicken and Kale Soup
1 – 4 lb whole chicken
13 cups of water
5 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed 3/4 ” chunks
1 1/4 lb. fresh kale = 1 big bunch, washed and sliced 1/4″ cuts
6 medium carrots chopped
2 large onions chopped
3 tsp salt
1 box orzo pasta
1. Put chicken in a pot with the water and cook on medium for 1 hour.
2. Remove chicken from broth. Strain broth or skim fat off the top.
3. Put broth in pan. Add squash, kale, carrots, salt and onion.
4. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add orzo pasta.
5. De-bone chicken, add to soup and serve.