My idea of an organic vegetable diet sometimes consists of carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie. But seriously, eating organic foods—while healthy—can get expensive.
The Green PolkaDot Box offers affordable, healthy, organic products via online shopping and home delivery. I may have to reconsider my firm anti-salad position.
The Green PolkaDot Box sells natural and organic non-GMO foods at wholesale prices and delivers them directly to your doorstep. GMO is the abbreviation for genetically modified food—aka Frankenfood—that many are avoiding these days.
It’s not just organic veg at GPDB, the company also sells packaged foods, hair and skin products, kitchen items, cleaning and paper products, baby and pet items, vitamin supplements, natural remedies and gardening items.
The company says it will add more products, including possibly organic meat and dairy. What’s that joke? Red meat isn’t bad for you–it’s the blue-green stuff you have to worry about? Anyway, customers can request products that GPDB doesn’t yet sell. The company delivers produce to the western United States only but plans to expand its geographic area.
Prices are lower than what you’d spend in local organic stores, and the website says savings can be up to 60 percent.
- Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze (almond milk) is $2.49 at Whole Foods and $1.94 at GPDB.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashion Rolled Oats are $6.99 at Whole Foods and $5.61 at GPDB.
- A 15-ounce can of Eden Black Beans is $2.39 at Whole Foods and $1.54 at GPDB.
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter is $9.99 at Whole Foods and $7.67 at GPDB.
- Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna is $3.99 at Whole Foods and $2.91 at GPDB.
Shipping is free for GPDB orders that total at least $75, and the company ships to customers only in the continental U.S. and Alaska and Hawaii.
The site offers “Green Dot Specials,” with additional savings on certain products and the “Close-out Closet.”
How it Works:
- Sign up for a $50 club membership. (Another choice is the $125 annual “Reward Membership” to get rebates and reward points.)
- Spend at least $75 on your first order and use their $50 coupon code (obvious on the home page) and shipping is free.
This has been a guest post by Judy from Fort Collins, CO
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!