Amazon is a great place to find online deals. However, I become frustrated when I spot a great Amazon deal only to discover the item is sold out. So to enable visitors to “catch” Amazon deals in time, there is a new plugin called WeLoveDeals that displays alerts about Amazon deals on your web browser.
Once you install the WeLoveDeals plugin, a bright pink heart will appear in the upper right-hand corner of your browser screen. By clicking on this heart, you’ll be able to see a listing of Amazon deals like LCD TVs, cameras and other gadgets. The display will also show any Lightning Deals, which are deeply discounted items that don’t last long. These Lightning Deals come up as a flashing icon at the bottom of the WeLoveDeals display.
I’ve used WeLoveDeals to look up several big-ticket items such as laptops and DVD players. In some cases, the savings on these items have been substantial. For example, I recently used the WeLoveDeals display and located a Coby 40 inch LCD TV for $329.99. Normally on Amazon this TV retails for $479.99. Likewise, I am trying to build up my Mauviel copper cookware collection. A 10-inch Mauviel skillet retails for at least $200. By using the WeLoveDeals site, I found a Mauviel skillet that cost only $99, saving me over 50% on this item’s retail price.
How can you install the WeLoveDeals plugin on your web screen? Here is a simple step-by-step process for both Firefox and Google Chrome, the two browsers through which the plugin is currently available.
1. Open Firefox or Google Chrome and go to the WeLoveDeals site.
2. Click on “Install the extension” – after which you’ll be taken to the following screen.
Firefox & Google Chrome:
3. Click on the button that says “+Add to Firefox” or “+Add to Chrome” and the plugin will download. Once the download is complete, you will see a window pop up.
4. At this point, click the “Install Now” button on Firefox or the “Add” button on Google Chrome to install the plugin to your system.
5. In order for the plugin to show up on Firefox, you will need to restart your browser. With Google Chrome, the WeLoveDeals icon will show up immediately. Google Chrome also notifies you that the plugin has been added.
6. Once you have successfully installed the plugin, you should see the following icon on your screen in the upper right-hand side.
Now it’s just a matter of you clicking on that icon and finding your Amazon deals!
WeLoveDeals has a lot more to offer than just great deals, however. Each month, a raffle is held for some really terrific prizes, some of which have been Amazon gift cards and Kindle Fires. By making a purchase through the WeLoveDeals plugin, you become instantly eligible to win these prizes. However, there’s no requirement that you must purchase something through the plugin. You can also submit your name and email through the WeLoveDeals Contest Form for free. Winners are notified through the plugin, though, so you must have it installed on your browser and be checking it in order to find out if you’ve won.
Are you interested in having your WeLoveDeals purchase help out a worthy charity? If you shop with WeLoveDeals on the 1st of the month, all the proceeds of that day go towards a specified charity. So far the benefitting charities have included St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital and THON (Penn State IFC/PanHellenic Dance Marathon benefiting pediatric cancer).
So, if you are looking to save money, win prizes and even help out a worthy organization, go to WeLoveDeals now!
This has been a guest post by Halina from Madison, WI
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!