Chicken, beef and pork are staples of the American diet. But buying meat for a family can be a budget-buster for Krazy Couponers. With sporadic sales, hard-to-find coupons and steep prices, stocking up can frustrate even the most die hard shopper.
Zaycon Foods is a new approach to buying fresh meat at wholesale prices. These deals are incredible, lower than even the grocery store blowout sales. An extra benefit: the meat is fresh from the farm, never frozen and raised hormone free. Zaycon just might be one solution to meat-buying woes without choosing to go vegan.
Most buyers can expect to save up to 50 percent off of store prices, especially when buying in larger quantities.
How Zaycon Works
Farmers send meat to a butcher for processing and sale preparation. Zaycon Foods then buys the meat directly from the butcher at discounted wholesale costs. Zaycon schedules truck deliveries in certain cities all around the country. Consumers register and order meat and fruit. Meats are carefully packed in a refrigerated semi tractor-trailer. All meats come in large 20 pound to 40 pound cases. Just place an order, meet the truck, and take home fresh meat!
What Zaycon Offers
If it’s ready to leave the farm or sea, the Zaycon truck will have it. Zaycon is most known for its well priced meat. However, fruits are available when in season. Here are some sample prices offered:
- Chicken: 40 lb case for $1.79/lb. Grocery prices: $3.39/lb
- Ground Beef 93/7: 40 lb cases for $3.79/lb. Grocery prices: $4.29/lb
- Hickory Smoked Bacon: 2, 15 lb cases for $2.99/lb. Grocery prices: $4.81/lb
- Salmon Filets: 25 lb cases for $7.99/lb. Grocery prices: $8.99/lb
- Cod Filets: 20 lb case for $5.29/lb. Grocery prices: $6.99/lb
- Strawberries: 8 lb flats for $1.49/lb. Grocery prices: $1.99/lb
- Visit the website.
- At the top right click “Register now.”
- Fill out all information and get started.
- Immediately after registering, all local events will appear. Events indicate the day Zaycon trucks arrive with fresh meat from the butcher.
Zaycon offers a rewards program. For every 100 points earned, $1 is credited on orders. Here’s how to earn.
- Register: 50 points (for signing up)
- Log in: 10 points every day you log in and check events
- Like Facebook: 100 points
- Purchase Foods: 2 points for every dollar spent on an order
Tips and Tricks
Maximize your Zaycon experience with these simple strategies:
- Consider splitting an order with another household to minimize pricing and reduce waste.
- Log in Daily. Check back often for more events in the area. Zaycon updates their site daily.
- Bring bags to pickup. Meats have never been frozen and are in cases. Bringing freezer bags to split meats up quickly will save time later. Also, cut meats into correct portions for the family before freezing.
- Reminder Calls. When registering with Zaycon provide a cell phone number. A call or text will be sent to remind of the truck’s arrival.