Attention, military families! A world of savings awaits at some of the nation’s largest restaurants and retailers. A wide variety of popular companies across the nation offer discounts and freebies to active duty military members and sometimes military reservists, retirees, veterans, dependents, and family members. Generally, you must show your valid military/veteran/dependent identification card in order to receive the discount. Discounts may vary with store locations, so inquire with the local store’s management before making a purchase.
- Aeropostale: Aeropostale offers a 20% discount at all stores nationwide for active duty military, military reservists, military retirees, and military dependents.
- Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic: The Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy provide a 10% military discount for active duty personnel, retirees, reservists and veterans with a valid ID the first Monday of each month.
- Lady Foot Locker: Lady Foot Locker offers 20% off with valid military ID.
- Macy’s: Macy’s offers 10% off with military ID on the first Tuesday of every month (15% off with a Macy’s card).
- Rack Room Shoes: Rack Room Shoes offers 15% off with valid military ID.
- Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s: Carl’s Jr and Hardee’s give military personnel, their dependents and their families a 10% military discount at corporate stores.
- Chili’s: Chili’s offers a 10% off discount to active duty military in uniform.
- Outback Steakhouse: Outback offers a free Bloomin’ Onion appetizer to active duty military with valid ID.
- Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes: Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes offers 10% off with valid military ID.
- Zaxby’s: Zaxby’s offers 10% off with valid military ID.
Electronics and Technology:
- Apple:The Apple military discount is designed for current, former, and retired members and family members of the U.S. Military, the National Guard and Reserve. The Military Purchase Program offers these individuals special pricing of up to 15% off selected products. For more information, call 877-EPP-MEMBER.
- AT&T: Military members and veterans (who present a valid military ID or VA ID) can receive 15% off selected cell phone plans through the AT&T government discount program.
- Best Buy: Best Buy’s Military Appreciation Plan gives eligible service members a 50% discount on Geek Squad technical support and a discounted monthly support plan.
- Hewlett Packard: HP offers a military discount program, which offers military members up to 10% off computers and other special military promotions. Military members must sign up for the HP military discount program in order to receive discounts and special promotions.
- Sprint: Sprint offers a 15% discount for active duty military and veterans who make purchases online using a valid .mil or .gov email address. For in-store purchases, a valid military or VA ID must be presented.
Travel and Attractions:
- Air Travel: To learn about military discounts on major airlines including American, Delta, and Southwest, check out this Krazy Coupon Lady article.
- Amtrak: Active-duty US military personnel, their spouses and their dependents are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including for travel on the Auto Train.
- Busch Gardens/Sea World/Sesame Place: Under Anheuser Busch’s Here’s to the Heroes program, any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to free admission. He or she need only to register, either by clicking here and submitting his or her information or by showing a Department of Defense photo ID at the entrance plaza of participating parks. As many as three direct dependents of military personnel also are entitled to free admission. Dependents may take advantage of the offer without their service member, though an adult must accompany minor dependents, and dependent ages 10 and over must present valid dependent ID. This deal is valid for one complimentary single-day admission per person, per year, during the regular operating schedules at one of the following: SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio; Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg; Sesame Place; Water Country USA; and Adventure Island.
- Greyhound: Active duty and retired military personnel and their dependent family members may receive a 10-percent discount off the Greyhound walk-up (unrestricted) fare. Another option for military personnel is to travel on Greyhound for a maximum fare of $209 round trip anywhere in the continental United States.
- Hertz Rental Car: Hertz offers military members a variety of benefits including: discounted rates, unlimited mileage, free upgrades (when an upgraded vehicle is available), no additional charge for under age (under 25) drivers ages 18 and above, no additional charge for additional drivers, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) included, liability insurance included, and complimentary membership in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards.
- KOA Campgrounds: Most KOA campgrounds offer a military discount between 5% and 15% off the regular price.
- Vettix Event Tickets: Vettix is a non profit organization started where people can donate tickets to events (concerts, sporting events, and etc.) to the organization. Military service members and veterans can then obtain these tickets for free. Instruction on how to obtain tickets is available at www.vettix.org.
To find local military deals in your area and military daily deals, consider signing up for a free account at the online Veterans and Military Discount Center (VDMC). To register, click here and then simply enter your email address and address, city, state or zip code in the designated boxes.