Ever received a gift card for a product that wasn’t quite your taste? Or perhaps, a gift card to a store that wasn’t located near you? Don’t let that gift card go to waste. We have the perfect solution!
In a previously published post, we mentioned CouponTrade as a wonderful source for purchasing discounted gift cards. But there is more good news. It’s also a great place for selling your unwanted gift cards for cash! With the holidays coming up, this is a great way to get rid of those dust-collecting gift cards and trade them in for spending money!
At CouponTrade.com, you can sell a physical gift card, an electronic gift card or merchandise credit to other users of the site. To sell a card, the balance must be at least $20, even if it’s been used before. I once received a gift that wasn’t quite my style. Fortunately, I was able to trade it in at the retail location in exchange for a gift card. In turn, I then took that merchandise credit to CouponTrade and turned it into cash.
Sounds too good to be true, right? It’s not. Here’s how it works:
- Go through that junk drawer or wallet filled with unwanted gift cards, and compile the ones you’d like to sell.
- Head to CouponTrade.com and create an account.
- After you’ve created your account, click on Sell Gift Cards.
- Enter all of the gift card information for the ones you want to sell. Make sure you know the exact balance on the card and then set the selling price. This is the coolest part. You have control of the pricing and selling.
- Exclusive Offer for KCL Readers: Now check the promotional code box. CouponTrade has given an exclusive offer to Krazy Coupon Lady readers. This will completely waive your listing fees. For physical gift cards, the fee is normally $1.75. For e-cards, it is $0.99. But KCL readers don’t have to pay any listing fees; just enter code KRAZY in the promotion code box. The coupon code ends Friday, 10/26 at 11:59 CST, and it is good for both new and existing customers. You can also use the code on multiple gift card listings. Note: CouponTrade will still take a 10% commission fee from the card once it sells on the site.
Rest assured, CouponTrade has the safest marketplace out there. Your security is their number one priority. They verify your account with your credit card along with your billing address to ensure safety for you and their users. There is a $1.00 authorization charge to verify the account, but you are reimbursed within 24-72 hours after you have listed your card. Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions, your card will soon be approved by their team and will be listed on the site!
When your card sells, get paid via check, Paypal or with Amazon credit. They also cover the shipping costs of your gift cards. If you sell a physical card, just be sure to mail it out within 3 business days.
Let us know how many cards you sell on CouponTrade!