Imagine what it would be like to have someone else paying the mortgage for one year.
Brainiacs from Mars has a proposition for homeowners who could use a break on their monthly house payment: Allow the house to be painted with an advertisement and in exchange, Brainiacs will pay the monthly mortgage payment.
Why? Ad companies are finding new ways to get their messages out to the public. The latest trend is the concept of using a home to display a message, and as a result it targets a neighborhood filled with consumers.
How it works
Interested homeowners must fill out an application to start the process. In addition, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must own your home (it can’t be leased or rented).
- The entire house must be painted (not including windows, awnings, and the roof).
- The house must be painted for a minimum of one month.
Anyone can apply, but Brainiacs is particularly interested in homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments. Their goal is to create buzz for advertisers while helping homeowners stay afloat in order to make a positive impact in the community.
After successfully signing up and being selected, the home will be professionally painted. Other points to remember:
- It will most likely be painted in a bold, eye-catching ad.
- The painting process takes approximately three to five days.
- A typical contact timeframe is between three months to one year.
- For the duration of the contract, the mortgage payment will be made each month.
- After the contract ends the company will paint the home back its original color.
What to consider
While this sounds like an amazing opportunity (especially for homeowners in financial hardship) take some time to think if this will be a good fit. Your house will most likely be the only one in the neighborhood painted with an ad, so it will draw attention. If you live in a neighborhood with a homeowners association you may need to get permission before pursuing this unconventional money-making opportunity.
Since its start, the “Turn your home into a billboard” campaign has brought in over 40,000 applications stretching across the nation and even throughout the world.
Visit the Brainiac Facebook page to see a long list of struggling homeowners making their case to the company, complete with a brief description of the financial distress they are experiencing and photos of their home. If you decide to give it a try, bear in mind that there may be a wait.
Overall, it’s a unique way to earn some additional cash with little work or effort required.
This is a guest post by Jennifer from San Antonio, TX
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!