About a year ago I walked into Bath & Body Works, smelled a spray, fell in love, and looked at the price tag on the bottom. A whopping $12! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had no coupons, and the only special they were having was Buy 3, Get 2 Free. I just wanted 1. I needed to learn how to save here. After shopping here for years, I’ve discovered many ways to save at Bath & Body Works. Even though their coupon policy states that you can only use 1 coupon per purchase, here are the ways I’ve found to save:
- Checkout: This is where you start. You might always think it’s a waste of time when the sales associate asks for your phone number and email address, but it’s not! You get offers mailed to you, as well as many coupons throughout the year. You can also sign up at bathandbodyworks.com.
- Mailing List: To get on the mailing list, you can call 1-800-756-5005. Every season or when a new launch of scents is released, you usually get a free product coupon attached to a $10 off $30 purchase or a free signature item with a $10 purchase. The free product coupons are usually a free travel sized item of your choice with no purchase necessary.
- $10 off $30 Coupons: On the bottom of your receipts, there is a chance you can get a survey coupon. Once you call and complete the survey, you will get a code that you write on your receipt. Bring that in for $10 off of your next $30 purchase. If you are not lucky enough to get one on your receipt, these are sometimes sent out in your email or on Facebook.
- Facebook: Not everyone necessarily believes in social networking sites, but when you “like” Bath & Body Works on Facebook, you save so much money. The weekend before they launch a new scent, they will post a printable coupon for a free 2 oz preview lotion. They also post other Facebook only coupons and special offers.
- Candles: Bath & Body Works sells Slatkin & Co candles. The 3-wicks run about $19.50 a candle! $20 for one candle? Outrageous! What I have done is wait until the candles go on sale 2/$20 and get 3 candles. Each one after the second candle will ring up for $10. Then use a $10 off $30 coupon!
- In-Store Parties/Offers: Bath & Body Works holds parties in their stores where you buy a certain item and get a bag with an item inside with no coupon necessary. That means you can use a coupon on top of the in-store special! For example, one party was buy anything from their new scent, and get a bag with a coupon and lotion in it for free. I used a free signature item with a $10 purchase and got two lotions and a spray for $10. I still use the bag for cosmetics!
- Semi-Annual Sale: This is the best way to save at Bath & Body Works. This sale happens in January and June. If you go on the first day, there are usually multiple bins with things 75% off in it. These go fast, but as the sale ends, the items in the 50% off bins will go to 75% off. I have seen some small items go down to 90% off! At this sale, you can still use your survey coupons and regular coupons!
- Black Friday/VIP Bags: Normally on Black Friday, a VIP bag is offered for $20 when you spend $40. Inside the bag is usually over $100 of merchandise. All of their special sales happen on Black Friday. What makes it even better is that–only on Black Friday–you can use more than one coupon per purchase. For example, if your subtotal is $60, you can use 2 $10 off $30 coupons!
- Coupon Grace Period: As said in their coupon policy, Bath & Body Works’ coupons are good 3 days before and after their expiration dates. Usually you can use an expired coupon right as the semi-annual sale starts! This is stated in the Black Friday FAQS, but it is their policy all year long.
Sometimes saving here can be a challenge or take a little time to get used to, but it all works out in the end! Happy shopping!
This has been a guest post by Riley from Colorado Springs, CO
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!