You’ve seen those ladies who always look so put together. They strut their stuff in slimming designer jeans with spendy washes. Here you are, repulsed by the thought of stuffing your post-partum body into low-rise, slim cut jeans. Visions of plumbers crack and the infamous “muffin top” overwhelm your sense of style. Plus, how can you pull it off on a fixed budget?
Don’t worry. Remember, “It’s not the player, it’s the equipment.” Premium denim jeans assist those ladies in achieving figure perfection. You too can have a look that mimics runway sleekness, without paying more than your wallet allows. While the other ladies are coveting their sole pair of form-flattering jeans, you’ll be sifting through a closet packed with styles that show off your assets and lessen the blow on your pocketbook.
Source out discounted denim and avoid backlash from the fashion police with these simple suggestions.
Hit up Consignment Stores
Lucky for you, bodies and styles change constantly. There are some who, when this happens, toss their jeans to the curb to purchase a new pair. Reap the benefits of those unwanted treasures by searching them out in consignment stores.
- Buffalo Exchange is my first choice for throwback premium denim. They claim to be the very first store to ever buy, sell and trade clothing items on consignment. They handpick used designer labels and offer them back to the consumer for a fraction of the price. As a business with integrity, their Tokens for Bags program has generated $420,000 for nonprofit organizations since 1994 and saved 8.4 million bags. Check out their nationwide locations.
- Runway Fashion Exchange. A relatively new franchise, RFC prides themselves on reselling only the hippest urban clothing. I recently dropped off three boxes of immaculate name-brand clothing, and they only took one. I did, however, walk out with a pair of Joe’s and 7’s that cost me a mere $25 each. Runway Fashion Exchange occupies six stores throughout the west and is adding nationwide stores at an astounding rate. If there’s not one by you, just wait.
No time for rifling through the racks at resale stores? That’s okay; shop online from the comfort of your couch.
- UpscaleJeans does all the dirty work for you. They’ve searched the web and compiled online racks of discounted jeans from nearly every premium manufacturer. Click on a brand and size, and UpscaleJeans pulls up all viable options. They route you to online discount merchants to make your purchase. Jean prices vary from $9-$100, most being in the $35 range.
- Bluefly claims to be the “ultimate hook-up for the fashion obsessed.” They back that claim with a plethora of discounted items from chic designers. They carry hundreds of name brands, including Diesel and Paper Denim and Cloth. Choose from wide-legged, boyfriend fit and bootcut styles without running in and out of dressing rooms. Their one click shopping allows you to purchase your whole wardrobe.
- HauteLook, a members-only site, offers daily sale events with up to 75% off retail prices. Sign up for free and receive emails including their latest denim events. Most sales only last a week. Invite your friends and receive a $10 coupon for each new member. With a networking deal like that, you’re bound to get your jeans for FREE!
- SnobSwap. If the thought of hosting a clothing swap gives you the hives, then immerse yourself in an automatic online network. SnobSwap is an online medium where ladies can swap, sell, buy and trade designer clothing and accessories. You can swap straight up or sell secondhand wears for credit. With brands like 7 for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity and Red Engine going for as low as $30, it pays to join the gang. Invite friends and earn 20 swap credits, or virtual cash.
- Lockerz, “The Social Life that Pays,” ropes you into affiliate marketing by offering major discounts on top designer brands, electronics and local events. If you’re a Facebook fashionista with a shopping habit, this site connects you to fellow followers of fashion and pop culture. Earn Lockerz PTZ (points) when you upload photos, grab images, watch videos, invite friends, and shop online. These PTZ are redeemable for up to 50% off of designer labels. Plus, you earn more points with your purchases. Sign up today for 500 PTZ and access to your instant online clique.
- MyHabit is Amazon’s newest membership-only site dedicated to providing you with great deals on sought-after name brands. Similar to HauteLook, MyHabit announces daily and weekly deals that don’t last long and sell out fast. Dress like you make millions in brands like Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabanna and Jag Jeans. The best part is their free shipping and returns.
This has been a guest post by Christina from Tetonia, ID
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!