Those little mascara-wand brushes are surprisingly awesome tools to have around! Keep your old mascara wands and use them around your home and in your beauty routine—you’ll see how they can go where other brushes can’t!
1. Spray hairspray on a wand and smooth over flyaways.
2. Clean around and in your faucet.
3. Use it as an eyebrow brush.
You can add a bit of color by sweeping a wand over brown eyeshadow before brushing your brows.
4. Exfoliate chapped lips.
Apply balm to chapped lips, then take a mascara wand and brush back and forth. Use a tissue to wipe off the peeling skin.
5. Wiggle mascara clumps free and separate lashes while wet.
6. Condition and lengthen lashes with castor oil.
Castor oil has anti-bacterial properties that protect your skin from the infections that can cause hair loss. It’s also rich in emollients that help condition lashes.
Before going to bed, dip a clean mascara wand into all-natural castor oil and apply to lashes. When applying, have a Q-tip handy to remove any excess oil. Leave on overnight and wipe off remaining oil in the morniing. Within a week you’ll start noticing healthier looking lashes!
7. Remove cuticles.
Apply cuticle remover cream or extra virgin olive oil (let the oil sit for a few minutes) to your nails. Then, using a mascara wand, gently buff the base of your nails to get rid of cuticles.
8. Pull out the things clogging your sink.
This works best for items that aren't too far down your sink's pipe.
How to clean a mascara wand
- Fill a sink or glass with warm water and soak a mascara wand for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze out a tablespoon of shampoo into the palm of your hand and work the wand into the shampoo to remove as much mascara as possible.
- Rinse the wand with warm water and repeat the shampoo process until almost nothing comes off the wand.
- Give the wand one final rinse with cold water and allow to air dry.