Last summer I visited an outlet mall looking for a new pair of shoes for my husband. I found a great pair on clearance for $24.99, plus the store was having a 20% of all shoes sale, making them $19.99. I was excited to get him a pair of high quality shoes at such a great price!
When I walked up to the counter to pay, I saw a sign that said “Text ABCD to 12345 and get $5 off your purchase.” I could get another $5 off if I followed the instructions. I did so, and seconds later, I got a text back with a coupon code for $5 off my purchase, making the shoes just $14.99!
I was so excited that I started looking into coupons by text from other retailers. I found so many programs and have saved hundreds of dollars since then by using them. What I love most about coupons via text is that, because I always have my phone with me, I never forget a coupon!
Tips for Using Coupons via Text
- Text coupons may cost you a fee each time you receive one, such as 5 cents. If you have unlimited texting, no worries!
- Don’t delete the text coupon until it expires. Some coupon codes don’t expire, or you can use them more than once before they expire.
- Some stores allow you to use your text coupon, in addition to other manufacturer coupons and in-store promotions. Just ask!
- Carry your phone with you whenever you shop; you never know when you might need a code.
- Some programs will only text you one time; some will text you frequently. If you are getting them too frequently, find out if the program offers coupons less often.
- If you have any questions or problems with your text coupon, reply to the text with the word ‘HELP.’
- Most programs allow you to easily unsubscribe by replying to the text with the word ‘STOP.’
Clothing and Shoe Retailers
- Target Mobile: Coupons are very popular because you can use both the mobile and manufacturer coupon for your item! Join by texting COUPONS to 827438.
- Payless Insider’s Club: Offers a 20% coupon for texting PAYLESS to 747474.
- Canvas by Land’s End: Text CANVAS to 41963.
- Outlets: Text OUTLET to 36888 for Gap Outlet, and TREND to 36888 for Banana Republic.
- You can sign up for JCPenney mobile coupons and Sears mobile coupons.
- Victoria’s Secret
- Macy’s Mobile Program: Create an online My Macy’s account and choose “receive macy’s.com text messages” in your profile.
- Kohl’s Mobile: Alerts send 5 messages per month, including the first one for 20% off at Kohls.com. Join by texting SAVE02 to 56457.
- American Eagle Outfitters: Join by texting JOIN to 32453.
- Kmart Mobile
- Old Navy: Text ALERTS to 653689.
- Famous Footwear: Text PROMO to 326687.
- Land’s End
Children’s Clothing and Goods Retailers
- Arby’s Extras: Get a free roast beef sandwich coupon, along with new special offers every month.
- Subway: Text SUB to 782929.
- Jamba Juice Insider
- Ruby Tuesday
- Dominos: Will send up to 6 texts per month with special offers by signing up.
- Jack In The Box Secret Society of Cool People: Get up to 5 texts per month with special offers.
- Outback Steakhouse: Sign up for My Outback Rewards
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels: Text PERKS678 to 21333.
Home and Craft Stores
- Jo-Ann’s: Text BEADS to 56266 to join JoAnn2Go. You will get a coupon for 20% off your total purchase plus up to three additional coupons per month.
- Michael’s Mobile: Text JOIN2 to 273283.
- Kirkland’s: Text SAVE to 36302.
- The Home Depot
- Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Bath & Body Works
- Redbox Text Club: To join, text SIGNUP to 727272.
- Supercuts Supertexts: Offered in select cities by texting STYLE to 667788.
- Office Depot: Text OFFER to 33768.
- Best Buy Mobile Alerts: Will send you their Deal of the Week by texting DEALS to 332211.
- Tanger Outlet Malls
Add to our great list! Do you belong to any great text coupon programs you can share with the rest of us?
This has been a guest post by Tiffany from Tigard, OR
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!