For travel newbies, these Internet deals are last-minute airfare specials offered each Tuesday for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines – Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) August 17. Departures after 7 p.m. on August 17 or anytime August 18 and return on Monday, August 20 or Tuesday, August 21. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week’s fares include:
- Chicago to Dallas – $271
- Atlanta to New York City – $221
- Cleveland to New York City – $161
- Houston to Wichita – $220
- New York City to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – $298
- New York City to Toronto – $239
- San Francisco to Tucson – $271
US Airways - Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on August 18 for travel departing August 18 and returning August 21. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- Cincinnati to Washington DC – $216
- Pittsburgh to Hartford – $226
- Nashville to Washington DC – $240
- Columbus, OH to Philadelphia – $230
Delta Airlines Web Deals – Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on August 18 for travel departing anytime August 18 and returning on August 20 or August 21. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Lexington, KY – $200
- Atlanta to Ft Wayne, IN – $220
- Cincinnati to Ft Lauderdale – $240
- Salt Lake City to San Francisco – $220
American Airlines Net Fares - There are no American net fare specials for either this weekend or next weekend.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.