Got a travel bug? Grab some good airfare deals this week. For travel newbies, a number of US airlines offer last-minute airfare specials beginning Tuesdays for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines – Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) July 13. Departures after 7 p.m. on July 13 or anytime July 14 and return on Monday, July 16 or Tuesday, July 17. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week’s fares include:
- Chicago to Memphis – $157
- Chicago to Toronto – $238
- Cleveland to New York City – $161
- Denver to Dallas – $221
- San Francisco to Las Vegas – $161
- New York City to Toronto – $238
US Airways - Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 14 for travel departing July 14 and returning July 17. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- Charlotte to West Palm Beach – $260
- Pittsburgh to Washington DC – $190
- Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale – $260
Delta Airlines Web Deals – Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 14 for travel departing anytime July 14 and returning on July 16 or July 17. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Tallahassee – $160
- Detroit to Jacksonville – $240
- Kansas City to New York City – $240
- Detroit to San Francisco – $320
American Airlines Net Fares - There are no American net fare specials for either this weekend or next weekend.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.