Many airlines this week have online-only fares good enough for quick weekend getaways. For travel newbies, a number of US airlines offer last-minute airfare specials beginning Tuesdays for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines – Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) July 27. Departures after 7 p.m. on July 27 or anytime July 28 and return on Monday, July 30 or Tuesday, July 31. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week’s fares include:
- Chicago to Toronto – $238
- Chicago to Savannah – $271
- Cincinnati to New York City – $220
- Denver to Huntsville, AL – $321
- Houston to Memphis – $155
- San Francisco to Phoenix – $221
US Airways - Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 28 for travel departing July 28 and returning July 31. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- Charlotte to West Palm Beach, Fl – $240
- Washington DC to Fort Walton Beach, FL – $230
- Charlotte to Jacksonville – $200
Delta Airlines Web Deals – Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 28 for travel departing anytime July 28 and returning on July 30 or July 31. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Nashville – $160
- Cleveland to Atlanta – $220
- Hartford to Minneapolis – $240
- San Francisco to Minneapolis – $320
American Airlines Net Fares - There are no American net fare specials for either this weekend or next weekend.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.