Albertson’s Double Coupons.. Explained!
- The “Doublers” as they have been nicknamed- are actual store coupons that read “Twice the Value” of Your Manufacturer Coupon.
- They are good on any manufacturer coupon up to $1 in Value
- So, if you use a $1 manufacturer coupon, and then the doubler- it will take off another $1
- If you have a coupon for $1.01 or $1.50 ect., they will NOT (or should not) take an additional $1 off
- Since the Doubler is a Store Coupon- You can not use them in conjunction with another In Store Coupon. For example- If there is a In Store coupon (in their ad) you can not use that coupon and a doubler- since that is technically 2 store coupon (just like you can’t use 2 manufacturer coupon on 1 item)
- There is a limit of 3 Doublers per transaction or visit. In some areas the coupon specifies Limit 3 Double Coupons per family per day…
- Doublers are typically good Sunday through Tuesday, but it is becoming more common for them to be good Wednesday – Tuesday
- If you are buying an item for $1.88 and you have a $1 manufacturer coupon- and a Albertson’s Doubler- THEY HAVE TO ADJUST THE DOUBLER DOWN TO $.88. Please don’t let your checker tell you you can’t use the doubler. Just nicely explain to them that you are not expecting overage, and that they need to just adjust down the value of the coupon!
K-mart Double Days… Explained!
- When K-mart doubles coupons it is a little different than Albertson’s. They double all week, Sunday through Saturday, and they will double any manufacturer coupon up to $2 in Value
- All you need to do, is bring your coupons in, and their really smart registers take off the $2
- They do automatically adjust the “double” down,
- so that you don’t get overage.
- Their computers are not perfect and sometimes won’t take off the right amount, or the double. I have my checkers ring up 1 item, then I hand her the 1 coupon and watch the screen to make sure it comes off right.
- This time around it sounds like K-mart is limiting each customer to 10 coupons per customer, per day. This is a bummer, but I am still excited they are doing it at all!
- Go Early, Go Often
- Find out when their shipment/stock days are