We received this email about Price Matching at Target:
I was in my local Target Thursday and they told me they can no longer except coupons on Price Match items.Do you know anything about that. Seems silly to me as they get the money regardless. Thanks, Cheryl
Here is how this works:
- Target will price match an item that is listed in their competitor’s ad. Must be an identical item.
- You can purchase the item at the checkout and then immediately take the ad to customer service to be price matched.
- Or you can go straight to Customer Service and have them ring you up there.
- Also, if you buy the item and then find a cheaper competitor price (pictured in the ad), you can take your receipt and the ad back to Target for a price match while the ad is still current.
- You CAN Price Match AND Use a Coupon. If you have a problem at the store, call Corporate Customer Service, while you are in the store to resolve the matter.
- If you store is famous for not letting you use a coupon with an item you are price matching, go through the checkout and use your coupons and then head to Customer Service and have them adjust the Price.
- Print the Press Release Below (or go HERE for the direct link) and use it to clarify any problems. You may just politely ask them to point out where it says that you can not use a coupon…
Anyone else have this Problem at Target?
What have you done to fix it?
Our Low Price Promise Facts
At Target, we are dedicated to offering exceptional prices on items throughout our stores.
As of July 12, Target stores nationwide will match advertised prices from competitors on identical items in local markets, assuring guests that our products are priced right. We’ve been testing Our Low Price Promise in Target stores in the Denver and Orlando markets since March 2009 and in select Minneapolis stores since May 2009.
Our Low Price Promise showcases our commitment to offering low prices and value to our guests. We're giving our guests peace of mind that they can get a great deal at Target.
We are confident we have low prices every day. However, if our guests happen to find a lower price on an identical single item – defined as the same brand and model number that is listed on a local competitor's printed advertisement, during the effective date of the ad – we will match that price.
How Our Low Price Promise Works
Within seven days of purchase, guests can bring the actual printed competitor ad and a Target receipt of purchase of the same item to our in-store Guest Service area to receive a price adjustment. Photos/copies of advertisements or receipts will not be accepted.
In an effort to ensure that our checkout lanes are efficient and quick for our guests, we'll handle price matches at our Guest Service desk. If a guest wants to do a price match in the checkout lane, our team members will ring up an item at the current price and then direct the guest to the Guest Service desk to do the price adjustment.
Price matching will apply to current, local print ads for in-store products only. Our price-match policy is not applicable to Target.com or other online ads. The following is a full list of exclusions:
- Target.com or online retail promotion
- Competitor's Free Product
- Limited quantity items
- Open box or damaged
- Clearance or closeout
- Mail-in offers
- Services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Bundle offers
- Special order
- Sales-tax promotions
- Liquidation/going out of business
- Special financing
- Used or previously owned
- Display merchandise
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Club or loyalty
We have significantly increased our emphasis on communicating value through our marketing, in-store signing and merchandise presentation. Our Low Price Promise demonstrates our commitment to offering great value to our guests.
Target remains true to our brand promise of "Expect More. Pay Less." We'll continue to focus our efforts on the "Pay Less" side of our brand promise, while continuing to offer our guests what has helped us differentiate ourselves from our competitors: high quality, great design, affordability, and an inviting shopping environment.
At Target, we have a long-standing commitment to being price competitive with other retailers. We also remain firmly committed to delivering the newness, innovative design and exceptional quality Target is known for.