Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
This just in from the KCL inbox:
What do I do about all the printable coupons available? Do I print everything(twice!!), file it, and have it on hand? Or do I wait until I need it? But then when a new month starts, will there be good ones that are no longer available? HELP!!THANKS, Erika in Idaho
Here are a few things to take into consideration…
1. Will the Coupon reach it’s Print Limit? Many coupon offers have a print limit (once that limit is reached they will end the campaign and the coupons won't be available to print.)
2. Will I be able to find the link when I need it? Many times I will wait to print, and then when I try to find it, I can’t. FRUSTRATING!!
3. How likely are you to buy the product if you have a coupon for it. If it’s a high value coupon, but not for something I buy often then sometimes I will press my luck and wait for a sale to pair it with. Sometimes it works out, and other times it doesn’t.
When I find a coupon I ask myself:
"Will I be disappointed if I come back to print it and the offer is over?
If the answer is yes, I usually print it right away.
"Is this for something I buy regulary?" Or “Will I buy this in the next month?”
If the answer is yes I usually print it right away.
- Often if you wait until the product is on sale, You won't be able to print it because the limit has been met or the campaign has ended.
- On the other hand, sometimes I print without a sale in mind to use the coupon with, and the expiration date passes and I have to throw it away!
- At the end of the month when offers could disappear from coupons.com, smartsource and redplum, go through and print the ones that you want in case they aren’t there at the beginning of the new month.
To use printable coupons successfully, find a way to organize them effectively. If you organize by category then it’s easy. Just file them in the category they belong. If you organize by date, like me, consider buying some baseball card holders to keep at the front of your binder. Then cut out the coupon as it comes out of the printer and put in in the binder. If you have them at the store (instead of forgetting them on your printer) you have a better chance of using them!
What are your tips for printing coupons?