I really hope you are all joining us at facebook for some fun discussions. The latest was about stockpiling and 1 person commented and said our stockpile pictures were bordering on “Hoarding”. So without further ado…
Definition: Pathological or compulsive hoarding is a specific type of behavior characterized by:
- acquiring and failing to throw out a large number of items that would appear to have little or no value to others (e.g., papers, notes, flyers, newspapers, clothes)
- severe cluttering of the person's home so that it is no longer able to function as a viable living space
- significant distress or impairment of work or social life
Stockpile (n.): a food storage or stash of food and non-food items. Stockpiling is a key principle to The Krazy Coupon Lady methods. Buy items when they're on sale and you have a coupon. Buy products before you need them and build up a stockpile of food and toiletries. When you run out of an item shop from your stockpile. A stockpile helps us prepare for our families in case of emergency such as natural disaster or sudden unemployment or illness & helps us be self sufficient among even the hardest of situations.
Now, a few points for those who are new or skeptical:
- We don’t go out and clear the shelves of our grocery stores all at one time in order to build a stockpile.
- Creating a stock of food often takes months or years
- We often special order at our grocery store (when there are KRAZY deals) in order to leave products for other shoppers
- The only way to have a very effective stockpile is by labeling, rotating and remaining organized