Thanks The Frugal Find!
Unfortunately the Safeway JustForU site is down right now. Hopefully they’ll have it operational again soon. It was for this reason that Safeway said they are launching the program systematically, region by region.
The JustForU program is officially launched now in Hawaii, Illinois and most recently, Northern California. The changes are coming for everyone else as well- no specific time frame yet.
The Bad News:
(2) Safeway no longer allows the stacking of a paper coupon and an eCoupon loaded from JustForU.
The Good News:
(3) Home Delivery orders can use eCoupons (loaded from JustForU). You still cannot use paper manufacturer coupons on home delivery orders, and delivery is only available to certain areas. Try your zip to see if it’s available in your area. First time orders also receive $15 off $50 order through the end of 2010.
(4) Safeway has a Coupon Center found IN-STORE. Use it to load coupons to your card and print a shopping list. (I recommend continuing to prepare for shopping AT HOME for many reasons, including the fact that there is an approximate 30 minute delay for eCoupons to take effect at the register from the time they are loaded to card.)
The JustForU Program has three divisions.
(1) Coupon Center: This is where you can load coupons to your preferred card.
(2) Personalized Deals: Your club card purchases are tracked and this section provides customized deals "Just For U" based on your purchase history.
The Good News:
(1) You CAN use an eCoupon OR a paper coupon with a personalized price.
(2) If the club card price falls below your personalized price, you will always receive the lower price.
(3) Personalized Deals are valid for 90 days. Think of it more like a personalized “Price”. It’s not a coupon; you can use it over and over again.
(4) You can also “stack” a store promotion or Catalina promotion with these Personalized Deals. Here is an example of a Personalized Deal working with a Club Card special:
Quaker Instant Oatmeal $2.44 ea (personalized price) ( shelf price: $4.99)
Club Special through 11/2 – Buy 2 Get 2 Free
Use two $1.00/1 Select Quaker Oatmeals from RP 8/29
Final Price: $0.72 each, when you buy 4
The Bad News:
(1) It will be difficult to share deals with you on KCL, using the Personal Deals [or Personal Prices] since some of us will have different personalized deals than others. Hopefully, since many of us are buying the same things, we’ll have many of the same “Personalized Deals” as one another.
(3) Club Card Specials: This section takes your purchase history (as tracked by your club card) and let’s you know about current club card specials on items that it thinks you’re interested in. Some of the club card specials will be things that were in the weekly ad, others will be club card specials that were only marked in store. So, this isn’t providing you with any information that you couldn’t get by a trip to the store, but now you can do it from home, as an added convenience.