Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
1. We will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer’s purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
This tells us two good things: First, Safeway will accept coupons, even those for a “free” product. Second, if the coupon exceeds the value of the item, the coupon will be adjusted down to the value of the item.
6. Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer’s logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction.
This means we can’t use other store’s Catalina checkout-coupons (such as Walgreens Register Rewards). We CAN continue to use manufacturer coupon for a specific product that have a store logo (such as those printed from Target.com).
12. Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings) before deductions for any manufacturer coupons. As an example (and not as an offer), if a $10 minimum purchase is required for a customer reward, a customer’s order at full retail would be $12, a Club Card discount of $1.75 applies, and a manufacturer’s coupon of $1 applies, the customer would be given credit for a $10.25 purchase, and would be eligible for the reward (assuming compliance with all other requirements) even though the customer’s cash payment would be only $9.25. The manufacturer’s coupon would not be deducted from the total for purposes of determining reward eligibility.
This is just saying that minimum purchase requirements are to be calculated AFTER club card savings but BEFORE manufacturer coupons. This is a good thing!
21. Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
22. Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
23. If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.
This all means that we cannot stack an eCoupon with a paper coupon. If we do so inadvertently, the coupon with the greater discount will be applied toward our savings.