Extreme Couponing Tip: Clearance
1. First place to go: Check the for clearanced items (usually near the back of the store) and look to pair them with coupons for great savings. Make sure that you're always shopping with your coupon binder!
2. Think seasonal: Buy clearance items after holidays and the end of a season at 75%-90% off! Look for clothing, decorations, gifts, cards and much more!
Below are great examples of non-food items to find after the holiday/ season has past:
- New Years: noisemakers, hats, party favors, diet aids
- Valentine’s Day: Valentine cards, KY lubricant, perfume
- Winter: coats, jackets, scarves, boots for next year (for children, buy a size or two up)
- Easter: Baskets, plastic eggs, dresses & accessories, egg dyeing kits
- Memorial Day: BBQ utensils, flower wreaths
- Spring: umbrellas, raincoats, sweaters, Mother’s & Father’s Day gifts & cards
- July 4th: American flags, fireworks, lemonade coolers, plates, napkins & cups
- Summer: shorts, caps, swimsuits, camping gear, gardening supplies, insect repellent, fans
- Back to school: binders, paper, crayons, folders, backpacks
- Halloween: candy-alternatives like Halloween crayons, erasers, watches, spinning tops, etc. Mix these in with the candy bowl next year!
- Thanksgiving: turkey carving products, table settings, Thanksgiving decorations
- Fall: rakes, school supplies, outdoor furniture, bikes
- Christmas: wrapping paper & gift bows, holiday cards, Christmas lights, toys, stocking stuffers