Extreme Couponing Tip: Online Shopping
“Similar to how you would approach in-store shopping, should you never pay full price when shopping online? Is it harder to save online when you factor in shipping costs, etc.?”
- Never, ever pay full price for items, whether it's in store or online! While you might not be getting products for free or "money-makers" very often online, there are still great savings to be had! You can very frequently find codes and coupons for free shipping, while saving money by not using your car or gasoline!
- Sites like Amazon have great benefits for parents & caregivers or college students through their programs Amazon Mom and Amazon Student.
- Amazon Mom members receive benefits such as 30% off diapers and wipes, free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, as well as exclusive offers via e-mail.
- Amazon Student is a program for college students with a .edu email address. When you sign up, you get free Two-Day Shipping for one year with Amazon Prime shipping benefits, as well as exclusive offers via e-mail. There is no cost to join–sign up by providing your school, major, and .edu address.
- Stores like Walmart and Payless have free shipping to your local store on most items. With all the convenience of shopping online, pay for your purchase and pick it up at your leisure the next time you're passing by the store.
- If you're looking into buying your groceries online, stores like Safeway offer special deals like free delivery on your first order and they will even accept digital coupons for your purchases! You can also enter promo codes at checkout.
- Also for frequently used household products (from grocery to office supplies to health & beauty needs), check out programs like Amazon Subscribe & Save that offers an extra 15% off and free shipping on products you routinely use and will keep delivering them at your chosen intervals.