Extreme Couponing Tip: Entertainment Books
“Are Entertainment Books worth the up front cost?”
With the new 2012 Entertainment Books now available, many Krazy Couponers are asking this question. The answer: it depends!
- Entertainment Books: A booklet full of coupons, discounts, and deals specific to an area, state, or province. Entertainment Books range from $35-$50, and the deals contained therein expire November 1st of the edition’s year. Many people purchase a book for where they live and/or vacation.
- Krazy Couponers know that it takes time and money to save big (e.g. newspaper subscriptions, ink & paper for printable coupons, investment in a binder & sleeves, etc). Keep this in mind while considering a potential purchase.
- Entertainment Book discounts vary by area. Some cities/areas have great coupons, while some are just so-so. If you participate in the activities listed in your area frequently (usually dining out, shopping, attractions, and travel), you can have a high return on your investment.
- We always recommend viewing the book before you purchase it. You can do this online for the different locations here.
- If you are planning on purchasing an Entertainment Book, ask around and see if a school or group is selling them as a fundraiser. Sometimes they will offer a purchase discount, and you will help raise money for a good cause.
- The cost of an Entertainment Book decreases as time passes and the coupons & discounts get closer to their expiration date. Near the end of summer, books are over 80% off (though you only have a few months to use the coupons, some of which may be seasonal, like corn mazes, skiing, sports, etc).