E-Books have been growing in popularity ever since Amazon.com announced the Kindle Reader. Knowledge is spreading about the affordability and accessibility of E-Books, but there are still many people who do not know why it is a great alternative to going to the store and picking up a paperback! It’s my belief that it is only a matter of time before the majority catches on. Let me be one of the first to share with you why this is such an awesome semi-secret: You can SAVE money!
- Buy Best Selling books at cheaper rates.
- Avoid shipping costs on your orders.
- Save your gas for when you need it–like going to Albertsons when they have Twice the Value Coupons!
- Join smashwords.com and browse their FREE E-books list
- Save space. I am so grateful we live during a time when all our CDs and Books can be stored on small and simple devices, like Mp3 players and Kindles.
- Save trees. We KCLs love stocking up on our toilet paper, so we have to think of creative ways to save the forest.
- It’s so EASY! I thought I had to have a Kindle to view most E-books. Boy, was I wrong! I can just download the Kindle App to my PC for FREE, and then start sampling and purchasing instantly from Amazon.com. There is also a site I recommend called Smashwords, which is a one-stop-online-shop to download E-books to your preferred platform; meaning, if you don’t have a Kindle or a PC, you can still download E-books to your Android, iPhone, Nook, Ipad, and so on. Try it out!
- Did someone say COUPONS? Yes, there is such a thing as E-Book coupons to redeem! A lot of Indie authors and publishing companies offer COUPON CODES to redeem at Smashwords. For instance, Breezy Reads is offering coupon code TG42G to receive 100% off of their newest release, The Riddles of Hillgate, expiring on Halloween. Wahoo! And it’s the perfect read for October, since it is a spooky mystery. Click here to redeem.
This has been a guest post by Molly.
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!