With a new year around the corner it’s a great time to set up a budget. I love to keep record of my budget online. There are two different websites that help me to accomplish my goals. Both sites offer simple ways to import my information and create my budget–they are Mint.com and Manilla.com, and they are both free!!
Getting started on Mint.com or Manilla.com is really easy. They offer essentially the same services when it comes to organizing your budget and bills. If you are undecided about which platform to use, sign up for both and decide which one will be easier for you to navigate and use. The process is essentially the same:
- First, visit the sites, and create a free account using a current email address, zip code and a password.
- Next, sync your bank accounts by simply providing your login and password.
- Mint.com or Manilla.com will upload all of your information to their site.
- You can view your detailed deposits and withdrawals and use them to set up your budget.
- Both sites have capabilities to send you reminders when bills are due, but Manilla will also send you a text!
One of the main differences between the two is that on Manilla.com can also organize more than just money, including: frequent flyer programs, newspaper subscriptions, and vouchers from Groupon and Living Social. You can even manage your magazine and Netflix subscriptions. This is a great way, for the uber-organized (and the wannabes, like me) to get everything into one, neat place.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Manilla.