Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
Target is very well known for its clearance racks. There are all sizes from extra small to extra extra large and pant sizes from 1 to 18. There is also great variety. What makes Target clearance racks even more special? There is a 75% off rack along with both 50% off and 30% off racks. With the right Target coupon, the item that just caught your eye may come out as low as FREE!
Clothes hit the clearance racks not because of wear and tear or defects, but for seasonal reasons. Most of the time clearance clothes have simply been discontinued. Target carries four of their own brands: Xhiliration, their youth brand; Mossimo Supply Co. and Licensed Tees, their casual brands; Mossimo Black, more of a professional youth clothing; Merona, their casual/professional clothing for the older or sophisticated woman. Target also carries maternity clothing by Liz Lange Maternity.
Now lets get familiar with the Target coupons that go with their brands. Target puts out coupons for clothing, sleepwear, and sometimes even shoes. The coupon will specify if it is for the brand as a whole ($5 of any Mossimo Supply & Co. item), for a specific item (clothing, shoes, or sleepwear), or both (e.g. $3 off Xhiliration sleepwear item). The trick is to apply a Target coupon to one of these clearance items. Of course, there will not be a manufacturer coupon to add since these are Target brands.
Here are some very important things you should know about these coupons:
- The coupons can be found at Target.com or can be texted to you with Target Mobile. Sign up by simply giving your phone number at Target.com.
- The coupon might be available on the Target website for one day only, so as soon as you see it, print a couple. You can check daily or be notified with the Krazy Coupon Lady on facebook or twitter; check their website for other options.
- One coupon per item.
- The coupon will probably not expire until one month or more after you print it.
- Keep the coupon. If you don’t find anything you like, something might catch your eye on the clearance rack next week.
- You can also use these coupons on sale items (found in the weekly ad online or in the store) lowering the price even more.
You might run into some trouble at the checkout lane, but there are right ways to get through.
- Remember: Cashiers are not educated equally. There are times when the cashier will not take your coupon because the discount exceeds the price of the item. Please refer to the coupon policy which states Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. Clearance items have the "other discounts" so the coupon can still be applied.
- If the cashier still does not understand, the next step is to ask for a manager. The manager should know that Target can claim the coupon value whether it is on a regular priced item or clearance item.
- Most coupons read Limit one coupon per transaction. If you have several of the same coupon, then make several transactions. Let the cashier know you want to pay separately, and she should accept your request without any problems.
As a Target employee, I can tell you that this is a very convenient way to stay in style and score free or very low priced clothing. Plus, you also have such an amazing variety of styles to choose from. You can get more of a discount (5% off the entire purchase) with the Target Red Card — your choice of credit or debit. I feel really good when the price goes to zero and I go home with free clothes.
This has been a guest post by Alexandra from Pharr, TX
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!