I LOVE to go out to eat, but sometimes it gets so expensive – especially as a family! Ever since I started my journey to become a KCL, one of my biggest problems has been finding ways to save money on eating out. I know what you’re thinking: if I'm trying to save money I shouldn't be eating out. This is true, but as long as it's moderate, I see nothing wrong with eating out every once in a while.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a coupon to use at your favorite restaurants? Nowadays a lot of chain restaurants have email lists or "clubs" to sign up for that will send you special offers and coupons.
To Get Started
- Click on a restaurant’s website to see if they offer a club or email list to sign up for.
- You will probably receive a coupon to use right away, and you'll continue to receive different offers and coupons throughout the year.
- The most common offers are for free appetizers, free desserts, and percentage off coupons.
- On your birthday expect a full inbox from various restaurants offering a free dessert, free burger, and even a free entrée!
Restaurants I Found With Special Offers
- Arby’s – Receive a free roast beef classic sandwich (with purchase of a drink) for signing up, a free 12oz shake (with purchase) and other offers.
- Au Bon Pain – Receive a free travel mug for signing up.
- Baja Fresh – Receive a free taco for signing up and a free burrito on your birthday.
- Bertucci’s – Receive a $5.00 off coupon for signing up and special gifts on your birthday and anniversary.
- Boston Market – Receive a $3.00 coupon for signing up and a special treat on your birthday.
- California Pizza Kitchen – Receive a $5.00 coupon for signing up and percentage off coupons throughout the year. If desired, you can add your children (10 and younger) to receive a free meal during their birthday month.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex – Receive a free appetizer for signing up, a free entrée on your birthday, anniversary coupons and Chevy's dinero.
- Chili's – Receive free chips & queso for signing up, free appetizers or desserts (with additional purchase), percentage off coupons, and a free dessert on your birthday.
- Dairy Queen – Receive Buy 1, Get 1 Free Blizzard for signing up and a coupon for your birthday.
- Dave and Busters – Receive a coupon for a free $10 game play for signing up. Obtain a Dave and Busters Power Card at any eligible restaurant to start earning rewards. Register your card online and receive $10 in free game play with every $100 spent on food, beverages, and game play.
- Hardee’s – Receive a free small fry and small beverage with purchase of a 1/3lb Thickburger® for signing up.
- Houlihan’s – Receive a free appetizer for joining and a free entrée on your birthday.
- IHOP – Receive a free meal for signing up, on your birthday and on your 1 year anniversary of joining.
- Longhorn Steakhouse – Receive a free appetizer for signing up.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – Receive a $10.00 off coupon for signing up.
- On The Border – Receive free appetizers or desserts (with additional purchase), percentage off coupons and a free dessert on your birthday.
- PF Changs – Receive a free Lettuce Wraps appetizer for signing up. To receive rewards make sure to give your phone number to the server to get credit for your visit. If you prefer to have an actual rewards card, you can request one at the restaurant.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – Receive a coupon for free chips and salsa or a free beverage for signing up, and a free burrito on your birthday. You can also add the Qdoba Rewards Card to earn points towards free entrees.
- Red Lobster – Receive various special offers and coupons throughout the year and a special gift on your birthday.
- Red Robin – Receive a $3.00 off your next purchase coupon for signing up and a free gourmet burger on your birthday.
- Restaurant.com – Now this technically isn’t a restaurant. This website allows you to purchase gift certificates at discounted prices for restaurants in your area. Enter your zip code to see what restaurants participate near you. Each restaurant's price varies, but typically you can buy a $25 gift certificate for $10. The benefit of making an account is that they are frequently emailing promotion codes to purchase $25 certificates for sometimes as low as $2! There are certain restrictions on certificates, so be sure to read them carefully before purchasing.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Receive a $5.00 coupon for signing up.
- Ruby Tuesdays – Receive Buy 1, Get 1 Free meals, percentage off coupons and a free handcrafted burger on your birthday.
- TGI Fridays – Receive a "Jump the Line" pass to skip to the front of the crowd, and a free appetizer or dessert (with additional purchase) for signing up. Get a free dessert on your birthday (with entrée purchase). For every $1 spent on any purchase with food = 1 Stripe. Once you earn enough stripes, you can redeem them for reward certificates. Be sure to let your server know your phone number to receive stripes.
- The Melting Pot – Receive a complimentary box of their signature chocolate covered strawberries (with additional purchase) and invitations to wine events and food tastings.
- Uno’s Chicago Grill – Receive a free appetizer for signing up and a $10, $25 or more coupon on your birthday.
***Please note, offers and coupons may vary or change at any time.
This has been a guest post by Angela from Verona, NJ
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!