Here's how to become a FREE member of Credit Sesame:
- Visit Credit Sesame today.
- Click on the yellow "Sign up" button at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Enter your information and click the "Sign up" button again. Your legal name must be used so the site can access your credit profile.
- If you have a common name, the site will prompt you to answer identifying questions from your credit report such as your previous address.
- You will be directed to enter your personal information such as your annual income and Social Security number. No worries, this site is secure and guarantees your privacy.
- Once you confirm your account, you are ready to begin!
I have used this program over the last few months and have noticed both pros and cons.
- Signup is fast and easy. I was able to sign up in less than 10 minutes.
- I like being able to instantly view my credit score from Experian for free! I have paid as much as $14.95 for credit reports, so this is a great benefit.
- The "What if" device allows me to see what my financial life would be like if I had a better credit score. This is a great tool for setting financial goals!
- Multiple household members can sign up for this service. There is not a limit to one offer per household.
- I do not like that the credit reports are limited to only Experian. Accessing reports of multiple agencies gives a more accurate financial picture.
- The financial advice offered on the site is limited. You may need to further consult a financial adviser to answer other questions you may have.
- The site did not show my real time credit balance. These numbers may be as much as 30 days off, based on when your credit card companies report their numbers.
Regardless of the few cons, taking a look at Credit Sesame is worth it–after all, it is free! If you wish to improve your finances and save money while doing it, Credit Sesame is a great place to start. You are under no obligation to stay a member if it does not meet your needs. You can cancel at any time.