Here's how to become a FREE member of Credit Sesame:
- Visit Credit Sesame today.
- Click on the yellow "Sign up" button at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Enter your information and click the "Sign up" button again. Your legal name must be used so the site can access your credit profile.
- If you have a common name, the site will prompt you to answer identifying questions from your credit report such as your previous address.
- You will be directed to enter your personal information such as your annual income and Social Security number. No worries, this site is secure and guarantees privacy.
- Once you confirm your account, you are ready to begin!
After having used this program for a while now, I’m seeing there are some definite pros and cons to the program. In my opinion, if you wish to improve your finances, Credit Sesame is a great place to start! Best part, it won’t cost you a cent. You are under no obligation to stay a member if it does not meet your needs, and you can cancel at any time.
- Signup is fast and easy. I was able to sign up in less than 10 minutes.
- I like being able to instantly view my credit score from Experian for free! I have paid as much as $14.95 for credit reports, so this is a great benefit.
- The "What if" device allows me to see what my financial life would be like if I had a better credit score. This is a great tool for setting financial goals!
- Multiple household members can sign up for this service. There is not a limit to one offer per household.
- I do not like that the credit reports are limited to only Experian. Accessing reports of multiple agencies gives a more accurate financial picture.
- The financial advice offered on the site is limited. You may need to further consult a financial adviser to answer other questions you may have.
- The site did not show my real time credit balance. These numbers may be as much as 30 days off, based on when your credit card companies report their numbers.