Many folks receive weekly mailers that contain a packet of coupons. In some cities, weekly mailings include SmartSource coupons (the following Sunday paper’s inserts).
Here’s how to snag more inserts and coupons for free:
- Renters: Speak with the apartment or condo manager and ask for permission to set up a recycling bin next to the mailboxes. Offer to empty the bin when it gets full.
- Homeowners: A similar collection process can be followed by asking a neighborhood association (or surrounding neighbors) for permission to set up a recycling bin near mailbox collection areas.
- Place the bin in clear view of the mailboxes and label it for recycling junk mail.
- Write a note and distribute to neighbors inviting them to toss their junk mail in the recycling bin. Sweeten the deal by attaching a piece of candy to each note.
- Is there another coupon enthusiast in the neighborhood? Speak with them and offer to share the riches!
This is a guest post by Erica from Austin, TX
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!