Stop fretting and start saving! Here’s a primer on using Amazon Local and learning to harness the power of group buying to get great deals at home and around the country.
Pick the right deals and save up to 75% at restaurants, spas, date nights, gifts and more. Retailers are willing to offer the huge discounts to move product and get buyers in the front door. They win when consumers return again and again. Buyers win by getting great deals up front.
Daily deal sites use a voucher system. Consumers buy a voucher for a cut-rate price to redeem for a full-price product. For example, a shopper may buy a $60 voucher for $120 worth of services at a particular salon. To use the voucher, the buyer must print it out and take it to the local salon and redeem for the full-priced services. That’s a 50% discount for the buyer and a new customer for the business. Everyone wins!
So if you’ve been waiting or reluctant to sign up, take advantage now to score great gifts for the upcoming holidays. Here’s how:
- The first step is to sign up. Click here and follow the instructions. (Hint: Existing Amazon.com customers can use that e-mail/password combo).
- Choose your city or enter a zipcode to see local deals.
- Click “Today’s Deals” for the most current.
- Scroll down for other deals.
- Don’t forget to check out the national deals (use the pull-down menu at the top of the page).
- Local deals are delivered to your e-mail in box.
- Most deals come with a deadline to purchase but a longer time span to use at the retailer.
- Buy a voucher.
- Print or save the voucher.
- When ready to use the deal, just present the voucher at that retailer.
Simple as that! Now what are you waiting for? Go forth and save! Let us know in the comments if you have questions or need a clarification.
Browse through these great national deals and a few from major metro areas around the country (think about local vouchers for other cities when you travel. Smart, huh?).
Get a tasty $129 grilling combo for dad for just $59 from Meathub.com. The pack includes top sirloins, chicken breasts, Angus burgers, bratwursts and beef hotdogs. Buying those items a la carte from Omaha Steaks (which is having a sale right now) adds up to more than $115.00.
Get $50 to spend on speciality gift baskets for just $25 at 1800Baskets.com. Baskets for every occasion imaginable start at around $20 and go up from there.
Examples in Other Cities:
Four group classes in Pilates for $49 (a $138 value) at Pilates Plus Downtown LA.
For $59 (regularly $119), get a 30-minute flight simulator experience from Advanced Flyers in San Francisco.