My home is practically a candy store, thanks to two years of couponing and the massive supply of candy I’ve purchased because of filler items.
Trying to find filler items can be frustrating and overwhelming. I confess: At times I have paid more for the candy than the merchandise itself! Eventually I began passing by items that came with a $1 register reward to avoid the need for filler items. My future as a successful KCL was not looking good! And then a fabulous idea hit me. Pictures! I always have a picture or two that Grandma and Grandpa would love to have. Why not submit a photo as a filler item! The cost is around $0.10 to $0.19.
It’s a win-win. I fulfill the requirement without spending a lot of money, and I get great photos I can use as gifts!
How to Make the Most of Filler Items
- Before a new week starts determine how many filler items will be needed.
- Always check the Walgreens ad for a list of sale items. Often they have a coupon code that can be entered online to receive prints at an even lower price.
- Go to walgreens.com and submit one photo to pick up at the store
- Need additional filler items? Order more photos!
- Sometimes deals don't work out as planned, so I simply leave the pictures there until the next week. When I pick up the orders, I explain to the cashiers that I use them as filler items. I have received so many comments like "I can't believe I never thought of that before!"
- If you don't end up using all your photo orders, don't worry! Just leave the orders there until the next week. Often deals pop up during the week, and I will use one then.
Now I don’t have to worry about how to make room for all that extra candy, and I know I will always be able to surprise Grandma and Grandpa with new photos!
This is a guest post by Vaylene from Pleasant Grove, UT
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!