VirtualPiggy.com helps parents teach children the value of a dollar and makes the experience fun and educational. Children learn how to make smart spending and savings choices. Plus, the service is completely free!
- Create an account so kids can make specific online purchases.
- Set a spending limit.
- Define shipping options.
- Determine what items kids can purchase (from Virtual Piggy partners).
- Store credit card information safely and privately.
The account allows the kiddos to create a wish list of items they want to save for, see their budget, and keep track of prior purchases. Children can feel a sense of independence by purchasing items on their own without having to ask parents for their payment information.
Purchase from a Virtual Piggy partner retailer with a username and password. That’s it!
Over 80 stores are partnered with Virtual Piggy including K’nex, TY, Wind Ups and Music Skins. The site is constantly working towards developing new partnerships.
- Visit VirtualPiggy.com.
- Sign up for a parent account.
- Enter payment information that is safely stored to the site. Your card will not be charged until your child makes an approved purchase.
- Set controls for your child’s account. Set a spending limit, what items they can purchase, and shipping information.
- Teach your child how to budget, save, and make smart purchases with their Virtual Piggy account.
Virtual Piggy is the safest way for kids to save, spend, and give online, learning financial literacy while keeping parents in complete control! Best of all, Virtual Piggy is 100% free for families to use: there are never any hidden fees or charges.