A simple solution: Tag those coupons before you shop.
While the term "tagging" may bring to mind graffiti involving spray paint and questionable youth, in our dictionary it means: "retailer organization."
While creating a shopping list and printing and clipping coupons, write the name of the store in pencil in the upper right hand corner or just outside the coupon. This helps remind you which coupon will be used at each store.
If you know the order of the stores where you plan to shop, place the coupons in the order of first store to last store for easy reference.
Some final thoughts and tips on tagging:
- All coupons for a particular store are in one visible section and ready to use.
- A purchase won’t be forgotten or overlooked.
- If you don't carry a coupon binder, a simple binder clip is all you'll need to keep them intact.
- If a raincheck is needed, simply couple the coupon with the raincheck and remember the store where it will be used.
- If a product is out of stock and you plan to return later in the week, you can easily determine where you originally planned to use the coupon.
- If you don't end up using a coupon, simply erase the store name and tuck it away for later use.