Ever go to a store with every transaction planned out to the cent, only to find empty shelves and have to rethink it all? The solution: have wiggle room and be flexible.
- Check end caps for extra product. Stores often put additional sale items on end caps to increase stock on hand.
- Don’t assume it’s gone. Ask an employee if there is additional product in the back.
- Get a rain check. This slip of paper allows you to return when the item is restocked to purchase it for the sale price. Bonus: Keep the rain check until a matching coupon is available.
- Have a backup plan. Make a shopping list that factors in alternate items in case something is out of stock.
- Work around regional differences. Coupon deals for each store can differ from one location to the next. Get what you want by trading with other couponers. Also watch for regional variations on pricing. Locations in different cities or states may not have the same sale. When this occurs, check out alternatives or be flexible, knowing it is okay to let a deal pass and simply watch for better deals in the future.