Open a checking or savings account and earn cash for every member of your family! There are two accounts and bonuses to investigate: a checking account for adults and a savings account for anyone (including kids)!
All accounts are free and carry NO monthly fees.
ING Direct previously offered these accounts without a minimum balance requirement. The bank was acquired earlier this year by Capital One. The 360 checking accounts and savings accounts have no minimum deposit, but the savings now require a $500 minimum balance to qualify for the bonus. That’s a big change. It is a great way to make the money grow quickly!
There is no minimum deposit for the checking account! Obviously, you’ll have to deposit something to make the number of purchases/deposits to qualify for the account.
- Open a no-fee 360 Checking account by July 3rd and earn $100 free!
- Be a new 360 Checking customer.
- Make five total purchases either signature of PIN-based using a 360 Checking Debit Card or make five CheckMate deposits or any combination of the two within 45 days.
- $100 is automatically deposited into the account on Day 50.
- Variable annual percentage rates start 6/30/2013.
- Open a no-fee 360 Savings account by July 3 and get a free $76.00 reward. Set one up for everyone in your family!
- Must be new customers for the 360 Savings account, and it needs a $500 minimum deposit.
- The bonus starts earning interest the first day, but you can't take it out for at least 30 days.
- 0.75% variable Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective 6/30/2013.
Is a credit check required? The checking account has overdraft protection, which acts as a temporary line of credit, should you overdraft on your account. Because of this protection, credit is routinely pulled–not always, but often. Your credit is NOT pulled for opening savings.
Is there a balance minimum? Yes. For each savings account, you must deposit $500. There is no minimum deposit for the checking.
Can I qualify for multiple bonuses? Each account holder is only allowed one of the bonuses. But if you open accounts with a different person as primary account holder, each bonus applies. So you could qualify for the $100 checking bonus and your child for the $76 savings bonus.
Is there a purchase minimum for the checking account? There is a minimum of fifty cents.
How soon must I make the purchases for the checking account? You must make the required purchases for the $100 checking account within 45 days.
Can I apply for each of my family members? Yes
Can I cancel at any time? Yes, but you must wait the 50 day minimum to get the bonus.
How long will it take to receive my debit card in the mail? Once you’ve opened the account, you should receive your debit card within 7 business days.