Many receipts offer the opportunity to take a short customer satisfaction survey with the promise of being entered into a weekly drawing or sweepstakes, a percentage back or cash back on your next purchase, or a free item the next time you visit the store.
These surveys take only a few minutes and can earn additional savings outside of clipping coupons. Most are phone surveys in which you enter the store number and press a number selection that corresponds to your level of satisfaction. At the end, you will receive a validation code to write on the receipt, which allows you to redeem the survey receipt for great savings.
Recent Survey Offers:
- Chik-Fil-A: Free Chicken Sandwich (Savings of $4.00)
- Panda Express: Free BOGO Entrée (Savings of $5.00)
- Victoria's Secret: $10 off $50 Purchase (Savings of 20%)
- Dunkin Donuts: Free Donut (Savings of $1.50)
More Tips and Details:
- Stores are graded on the surveys, so take the time to answer honestly. The stores all compete to get the best customer service ratings, so your opinion and feedback does matter.
- The surveys are randomly generated. I typically get one every five transactions or so.
- You must call within the time specified or the offer is no longer valid. I just let one expire in my purse, and it was like throwing away $10! Shame on me!
- Some surveys may take up to 3 or 4 minutes to complete (I usually only have to answer three multiple-choice questions, which takes less than two minutes).
- Once you take the survey there is no expiration date for the rewards, but I put mine in my coupon binder under the retailer, so I remember to use it on my next shopping trip. If you don't have a section designated for the specific store, create a section titled "Receipt Surveys" so there is a go-to spot to file survey rewards.
- Some surveys come with certain purchase restrictions but don't specify what those might be (this is often found with grocery store surveys). In these situations the reward is typically for items such as stamps, gift cards, alcohol or lottery tickets.
- Rewards have restrictions, such as only redeeming one per transaction.
- There is no cash back with rewards. If your total is under the amount specified, hold on to this "coupon" and use it when you have at least the minimum amount to qualify.
- Rewards are effective immediately after receiving a validation code. Call from your cell phone while you are in the store if you want to perform multiple transactions. Just try not to hold up the checkout lanes!