What's an Add-on Item?
Amazon’s Add-on Items are deeply-discounted products that cost too much to ship on their own. In fact, they can't be purchased as single items. Add-ons are marked online with a blue "Add-on Item" sticker, and include anything from baby toys and cutting boards, to protein bars and coffee cups. Contrary to popular belief (ours included) Add-ons cannot be used as filler items to pad orders that are just short of the magic $25.00 mark—the minimum needed for Free Super Saver Shipping.
Instead, Add-ons must be grouped with orders of at least $25.00. In this case, items ship for free. If your order is less than $25.00, you ‘ll have to save those Add-ons for later. There is one exception to this rule: bulk buying. If you find an item you can’t do without, you can assemble an entire order of Add-ons—as long as it’s worth at least $25.00.
How can I find Add-on Items?
One method is to enter "Add-on Items" into the Amazon search bar and look around. Or, go the easy route and try a search site like Superfillers. Just remember, Add-on prices (like all Amazon prices) can change quickly.
Here are a few popular Add-on Items we found this week:
- Belkin Mouse Pad $0.94
- Thermos 6-Cube Ice Mat $1.29
- Slime Rubber Tube Patch Kit $1.94
- Nuby Tinted Baby Bottle $1.99
- Scotch Magic Tape $2.22
- Krazy Glue, 4-Pack $2.97
- Sweet Retreat Naturals Roasted Almonds with Coconut and Dark Chocolate $3.85
- Plum Organics Little Yums Teething Wafers $3.99
- Good Cook Stainless Steel Fruit/Vegetable Peeler $8.01
- Kitchens of India Curry Paste, 6-Pack $9.20