Do you assume your health insurance offers you the lowest price on prescription drugs? Well, you might be wrong. We just discovered LowestMed and, it turns out, there's a ton of savings to be had!
What Is LowestMed?
LowestMed.com is a free search tool that compares the price of prescription drugs at leading pharmacies in your area. Use it to compare prices on thousands of prescription drugs until you find the lowest one. It’s a couponer’s dream! The best part? The coupons they provide never expire. How sweet is that?
LowestMed searches multiple discount sources (since drug prices vary by pharmacy location and by pricing source) to find you the best price.
For example, the drug Zolpidem Tartrate, generic for the sleep aid Ambien, has a cash price of about $119 for 30 tablets of 10 mg. If you were to search for that with LowestMed, you would find a price of $6.85 for the exact same dosage! Assuming you only filled this prescription four times a year, that would be a savings of $448.60 for simply using LowestMed to shop around for a discounted price on your prescription.
How to Use LowestMed
- Go to LowestMed.com on your computer, or use the smartphone app.
- Enter in the name of the drug and your zip code, then hit Click to Save.
- The most common form, strength, and quantity of that prescription drug will show by default. If your prescription differs, make sure to adjust the drug details on the left of your screen.
- The prices of your Rx will show in a list in the order of cheapest to most expensive. Select Get Coupon on the one you want to use.
- On the next page, your prescription drug coupon will load with a link to print.
- Simply print or show the coupon (next to the price) to the associated pharmacy to receive your prescription at that price.
- Easy peasy!
Try LowestMed today to compare prices of your current prescription drugs!
Here are a few LowestMed success stories:
More Than a Penny Saver
My husband recently lost his job and health insurance coverage and he desperately needed a medication he gets monthly. Out of pocket was going to cost us $275. I did some researching and stumbled on this app. I called the pharmacist where we usually get this med. I gave him the information and he said our prescription cost was $21!! I couldn’t believe it! I was ecstatic. –Nurseroxy (iOS)
We have used Lowest Meds now several times and we had saved money even better than our really good medical plan that we have in place. I recommend it to my own clients as an insurance agent especially those with high prescription cost. –Larry H. (Android)