Here’s another deal scenario for you to take advantage of the Rake in the Points Event at Rite Aid this week. Spend $50.00 before coupons and receive 2,000 Plenti Points ($20.00). Stack store promotion with coupons and a Catalina offer, and stock up on Bounty paper towels and Kleenex facial tissues.
Buy Kleenex Facial Tissue or Hand Towels, 50 ct or larger, between 7/12 – 9/4
Buy 6, Receive $1.00 Catalina
Buy 7, Receive $1.50 Catalina
Buy 8 or More, Receive $2.00 Catalina
Since Rite Aid will track your purchases, split this deal into two transactions in order to take advantage of the Catalina promotion:
- In the first transaction, buy two four-packs of Kleenex, on sale this week for $3.99.
- Also buy four 12-packs of Bounty paper towels, on sale for $9.94.
- Use coupons and pay $42.24 out of pocket.
- Receive a $2.00 Catalina for buying a total of eight boxes of Kleenex (two four-packs).
- In the second transaction, buy another two four-packs of Kleenex.
- Pay $6.48 at the register and receive the $2.00 Catalina.
- After the second transaction you’ll have reached at least $50.00 before coupons which will give you 2,000 Plenti Points from the Rake in the Points Event.
- In the end, you’ll have paid $48.72 out of pocket, but received 2,000 Points and two $2.00 Catalinas.
- The final price will be $24.72 for all eight items; that’s only $3.09 each!
Receive: 2,000 Plenti Points ($20.00)
Receive: $4.00 in Catalinas
Final Price: $3.09 each, when you buy all 8
What is a Catalina?
A Catalina is a long, receipt-like coupon that prints out with your receipt at the checkout counter. It can also be called a checkout coupon. Catalinas can be used in your next transaction to pay for almost anything in-store, with a few usual exceptions (alcohol, tobacco, prescriptions, gift cards, and others). Most Catalinas can actually be used in any store that accepts coupons, not only the one it was printed from, since they’re considered manufacturer coupons.